Monday, March 23, 2009

Meatloaf

I know what you're thinking. Who makes meatloaf anymore? Well, I only do because my friend Kelly introduced me to this sauce to top it...it is so yummy, I make the meatloaf so I can have the sauce.

Your other question - where have I been? Well, who cooks when they're pregnant?! I actually did plan on posting one other recipe, but by the time I was done cooking I was too tired to take a picture...oh well.

Meatloaf:

the secret is to cook this on a broiler pan, then the meat isn't sitting in it's own drippings.

1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
1/2 c dry breadcrumbs
1/2 c chopped onion
1 T barbeque sauce
1 T prepared mustard
1 1/2 t chili powder
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 egg

mix and form into a loaf on a broiler pan. If desired, top with bbq sauce before cooking (or kelly's special sauce...)

Kelly's sauce:
this is one of those things you just mix until it tastes right...I'll try to put it down...

abt 1 C ketchup
abt 1/2 T spicy mustard (kelly says plochmans is the best)
a swish or two of worsteshire sauce
1 to 2 T brown sugar

Whisk together and adjust to your liking. Should be sweet, salty, and very tangy. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: