Friday, October 17, 2008

Maple Brined Pork Chops


One of our favorites, I make it all the time:)

Brine:
1 C boiling water
2T Kosher salt
1 C ice
1 C unsweetend apple juice
1/4 C maple syrup
1 tsp maple extract
1/4 tsp all spice

(I combine all ingredients for brine in this order in an 8 cup pampered chef bowl, measuring along sides of bowl as I go)

4-6 pork chops. I buy boneless pork chops from Costco and cut them lengthwise (to make them thinner)


Make brine, then soak pork chops in fridge in brine for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.

Cook on med-high heat (I like cast iron pan) for a few minutes on each side, or until browned. cover and cook at lower temp until meat registers 160 with meat thermometer.

I also like to saute apples in the pan drippings to serve with pork chops, and then make a gravy with the pan drippings.

I also serve with potato pancakes (grated potato and onion, cooked in small nests in pan on stove)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: